The Ittre sandal is a signature ELK design in classic black to complement any outfit.
- Asymmetrical leather straps across the top, heel and toe
- The wrap around heel strap features elastic for a flexible fit and fastening
- The Insole is made with sheep leather for added comfort
- A 10mm rubber sole provides a comfortable cushion for every day wear
Upper: Cow leather
Lining: Sheep leather
Outer sole: Leather and rubber
These shoes have been handmade in Agra, India by family-owned and operated factory Gupta Overseas Pty Ltd. They have been in business for over 60 years and specialise in making shoes for the European market. Elk visit the factory at least twice a year to see our products being made, assess working conditions, source materials and learn new techniques.
Each design is tested at ELK HQ where the shoes are worn for a period to consider comfort, wear and style. The leather upper is made using REACH standards, a European Union regulation (1907/2006/EC) restricting the levels of specific chemical substances in goods.
With a commitment to responsible business practices and a culture of continuous improvement, Gupta has implemented some outstanding initiatives to support their employees, community and the environment.
Gupta has SA8000 social accountability certification and as members of Sedex undergo annual Sedex Members Ethical Trade Audit (SMETA) audits, to ensure safe and ethical working conditions.
These shoes run true to size. The leather upper will soften and stretch with wear. The sole height is 10mm.
- These leather shoes should be cleaned and conditioned with a neutral cream polish. Apply with a soft cloth and rub into dry or scuffed areas. Leather is a natural material and will age with wear. It is imperative that you avoid wetting or soaking these shoes in water as this will greatly affect the quality and appearance.